Monday, October 27, 2008

Empty Handed Again


Softening Filter, originally uploaded by Snakelover61.


Another weekend of bowhunting has come and gone and I came home empty handed again. Well, not exactly. While it's true I have nothing to show for the freezer, I came home with some nice pictures and video footage. And definitely some great memories. The buck in the picture is the best one I saw this weekend. While not a "shooter" in the hunting sense, he was a prime candidate for harvesting with the Canon 30D. I actually shot this picture through the shoot-through mesh window of my blind. Of course, the mesh is thrown totally out of focus, creating a similar effect to a softening filter. I thought it was kind of cool, almost ghost-like. If this buck shows up in another year or two, I might be reaching for the bow instead of the camera.


View On Black

1 comment:

Mindy said...

This is a beautiful photograph! The effect of the mesh screen softens it so nicely, and he is just a lovely work of God. I always like it when you share the ones I like so much! ~Mindy