Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our First Night in Boston


I wanted to share some pictures of our Boston vacation with you. I plan to spread it out over a few posts in hopes of not boring you to death!

On the first day, we arrived in time to get settled into our hotel and then go on a dinner cruise aboard the Spirit of Boston. This was the only time I wore slacks on our vacation. My mom took this photo of Mindy and I...



We had a short wait, so it seemed like a good time to take a few photos. The picture below is of the rest of our crew, from left to right: My daughter, Alissa. My mom, Donna. My aunt (mom's sister), Connie. My cousin's daughter (Connie's granddaughter), Angel.



A few more pictures before boarding...







Once we boarded the ship, the real fun started. They had a great buffet style meal, drinks, music, dancing... just a real fun time. I took a few portrait style shots. My cousin's daughter, Angel...



My mom...



My love...



My mom often took charge of my camera to make sure I was included. Aren't we a cute couple?...



There was audience participation...







And lots of smiles...



And virgin drinks...



I really like this one of Angel and Connie...



And this one of my daughter...



And, of course, we had a beautiful view of the Boston city lights from the harbor...



A couple points of interest about the city lights photo above. The bright half-circle toward the lower left is the entrance to the Boston Harbor Hotel. They had a huge American flag hanging in it for the 4th of July holiday and you can make it out in this photo.

The illuminated skyscraper on the right hand side is the Custom House Tower, the first skyscraper built in Boston in 1915. It is also known as "the four-faced liar" because each side of the tower has a clock face, none of which tell the correct time. The motor they installed is not sufficient to operate the clocks correctly. The building is now a Marriott luxury condo hotel.

Hope that wasn't too boring for you! More Boston vacation photos coming soon!!


6 comments:

trash talk said...

I loved the history lesson...I'm a nut for American history.
Great photos as usual. Your mother is a beautiful woman and I just got the biggest kick out of the one of her raising the roof! I know y'all just had a wonderful time. BTW, your daughter is too cute. It's a shame she and Angel hate having their picture made!
Debbie

Debra@CommonGround said...

One man with 5 beautiful women; you must have had your hands full watching out for all of them. Your photos are wonderful and your daughter certainly is lovely. Love the nitetime skyline view!
Debra

summersundays-jw said...

You are a lucky man & an excellent photographer. Love your Mom's hair -- does it remind you of anyone's????

Ragamuffin Gal said...

What beautiful women you have to photograph ~ you are a lucky man! It looks like everyone is so happy to be together! What a fabulous vacation you had! Blessings, Katie

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures! You definitely can't bore us with them. They really were amazing and yes, you and Mindy make an adorable couple. Can't wait to see the rest of the picts.

Glad you had a great time!
-FringeGirl

tim carbonara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.