Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Light of a Clear Blue Morning




It's been a long dark night,
And I've been a waitin' for the morning.
It's been a long hard fight,
But I see a brand new day a dawning.
I've been looking for the sunshine,
Cause I aint seen it in so long.
But everything's gonna work out just fine.
Everything's gonna be all right,
That's been all wrong.

Cause I can see the light of a clear blue morning.
I can see the light of a brand new day.
I can see the light of a clear blue morning.
And everything's gonna be all right,
It's gonna be okay.

It's been a long, long time,
Since Ive known the taste of freedom.
And those clinging vines,
That had me bound, well I don't need'em.

Cause I am strong and I can prove it,
And I got my dreams to see me through.
It's just a mountain, I can move it,
And with faith enough there's nothing I can't do.

And I can see the light of a clear blue morning.
And I can see the light of brand new day.
I can see the light of a clear blue morning.
And everything's gonna be all right,
It's gonna be okay.


-- lyrics by Dolly Parton, "Light of a Clear Blue Morning"



Folks, I'm actually beginning to believe everything's going to be all right, it's going to be okay. Yes, it's been a long dark night. But, if you look closely, you can just begin to see the light of a clear blue morning. It dawned yesterday in (of all places) Massachusetts. And on November 2nd, I believe it will shine brightly across our nation. A change is coming. And this time it's for the better. Finally, there is genuine hope.

Congratulations, Senator Scott Brown.
Congratulations, Massachusetts.
Congratulations, America!

There's a brand new day a dawning!


4 comments:

Mindy said...

I know Dolly wrote it, but I have heard it sung by Allison Moorer. Awesome arrangement. I have been singing it all day today and feel a change for the positive in our future. Great post, love! ~Mindy

Penny said...

WOO HOO!!! =D

Anonymous said...

I love what you said, but that's a truly amazing picture! So cool. I think I need that bird to hand in my cage. ;-)

Hope is good.

-FringeGirl

Jaybird said...

Yaaaay for your wonderful new day!!! I'm a yankee and soooo proud of the rest of them!!