Friday, October 31, 2008

The Fabric of Our Lives


Cotton Bokeh, originally uploaded by Snakelover61.


The area around Rotan, Texas where my deer lease is located is dominated by cotton fields. The first time I took Mindy to the lease, we stopped next to one of the fields so that she could get a close look at the cotton bolls. We even picked some cotton, just so we could say we did. We felt the hard cotton seeds inside the soft cotton. Like so much of the time spent with my sweetheart, it became a fond memory. She truly has become part of the fabric of my life.

Whatever you do, don't click here.

3 comments:

The Texas Woman said...

Of course I clicked! I thought it would be something racey. Or some gaggy love poem for Mindy. Or...something! You think you are a clever antique photographer, don't ya.

And you are. Good shot - again. From now on I'll just say GSA. No, wait, I'll say AGS (Again Good Shot), in consideration of you being an Aggie!

The Texas Woman

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Yeah, I looked, too. Even with the fear that my computer would explode or something. Clever! Love the use of the cotton slogan! Way too clever!

Amy

Mindy said...

Doesn't he say the sweetest things? I still have the cotton we picked. It's in a glass baby bottle in my office. I love you, David. ~Mindy